Intellectual Property

I hadn't really considered the need to protect any of my intellectual property, I guess I had just never thought about it as being worth protecting. But there are a few aspects of my product that may need protection. The first is of course the logo. If it remained unprotected another app could easily steal it in an attempt to replicate my product. So a trademark would be necessary here. Also, the code for the app itself can be copyrighted preventing it from being stolen. However, code doesn't have to be copied for the idea to be copied. Any decent app developer could mimic another app quite easily. The idea itself is only somewhat unique, and others like it exist to some extent. So I don't know that any aspect of my idea is worthy of a patent. However, my company will be in the business of building all sorts of applications. So it is possible in the future that we create something that is truly new and can be patented.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Business Ideas

Speaker: Eric Hanberg

Speaker: Brian Forth