Speaker: Eric Hanberg


Eric Hanberg had a slightly different story to tell compared to many of our other speakers so far. He has had success writing books, in particular for people that are running small non-profit organizations. He himself ran one and decided to make a guide for others to follow. He explained how he took advantage of Amazon and the internet in general to sell his work without having to go through a traditional publisher. Selling his books through Amazon takes care of that. To bring in customers, he pays for online advertising regularly which has worked out quite well for him. He also discovered through this that his book often sold in small bunches, usually a copy for every member on the board of a non-profit. So he saw that as an opportunity to write another book with that idea in mind, tailoring to what they would be looking for. His wife has also found success in working for herself, I believe doing graphic design commissions if my memory is correct. He also showed us a fantastic quote that he liked, and that hit me like a truck. “The new laziness has nothing to do with physical labor and everything to do with fear”. I find that at least for me personally, fear holds me back more than anything. It’s not often that I am held back by a limited ability to perform physical or mental tasks, but the fear of failure has held me back more than I’d care to count.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Business Ideas

Speaker: Brian Forth